Sunday, September 21, 2008

My poor baby

I finally made Eric an appointment to get him tested for allergies. I nee dedto know if I had a sick child or if he had allergies. We went and he did great. They made a mess of his back pricking him with lots of stuff. Within seconds I knew that I wasn't crazy as hives started apprearing like crazy. So here is what he is allergic too.
Fescue and Timothy Grass
Walnut, Cottonwood, Hickory, Pecan, Birch, Oak, Maple and Boxwood Trees
And....RAGWEED
And the ragweed hive was the worst his hive grew to be th size of a half dollar.
He needs to go back in 2 months for more testing to see if the medicine is working and than every year after that.
And....on a positive note...he is NOT allergic to our cats!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

sue thats awful...poor Eric! jeez you named every tree but palm. hint hint lol
i too am allergic to ragweed and was miserable most of this sept.
One thing i wanted to recommend(although i haven't tried it myself but people swear by it) is honey. Apparently if you buy LOCAL honey and Eric consumes it, it will help build up his resistance to the tree & plant allergens. Its worth a shot.

nowwhatelmo said...

Holy crap. Poor guy.